About the Merley

My photo
Loughton, essex, United Kingdom
Add me on BBM 2219680D http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=731575551

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Album Art and Magazine Advert





My album cover shows a consistency between the image in the back and front cover, showing the same image of the side on man.

This man is first shown in the front cover taking a pill. He is also made up of pills.  This imagery may suggest he is addicted to pills or is constantly having to take them because of a problem.  As our music video is to do with "a day in the life" of style it looks at also the issue of depression and repetition in daily life.

This repetition in daily life leads to depression therefore there is a connection here with the pills ad having to take them for depression they may be feeling.  This will also maybe relate to the audience and they may feel like they are depressed or their life is repetitive in some way and wanting it to change.

The second image is again linked into this idea of depression. We see the picture is of an x-ray of a man with a gun pointing into his mouth.  This is linked because some people get so depressed that they result in suicide.  This obviously is an extreme view of what could happen but is a good use of imagery on the back cover as a sort of warning as to what a repetitive lifestyle can lead to.





For this magazine advert I decided to keep thew colours neutral which again fits in with the theme of repetitiveness which we wills how in our music video and is represented through the lyrics of the song.

I have also shown repetition through my use of the band name and the album name by placing it a number of times on the page.  I have also used a different album cover as this was another one of my album ideas that I had previously and thought I would use it here.  As the imagery of the repetitive black lines again also fits in with the codes in my design of repetition and adds an understated look to the advert.  However I feel these understated look makes it look modern and fresh compared to a conventional eye catching magazine advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment