About the Merley

My photo
Loughton, essex, United Kingdom
Add me on BBM 2219680D http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=731575551

Monday 7 February 2011

Decision- While Shooting

While shooting our video we came to a number of new decisions when going through our story board.

We looked at the shots of me going through the different parts of our music video and found some new things out that worked and didn't work when we came to film it.

For a start we went to go film the gym section.  When filming the shot of me on the rowing machine I wanted to do a low down shot looking up at me, but we thought of a number of things that were wrong with this that we didn't initially realise.

Like when you have a low angle shot on the person, this gives the audience the view that they are looking up to the character (me) in the video which creates a sense that they are more powerful than them.  However we are trying to show the opposite so therefore we need to show more high angle shots of me.

We also came across the problem that I would keep moving in and out of shot too much for it to look good enough, therefore we found it hard to choose a shot that was good for this section.

Also when filming the section for the office scene at the start it wasn't easy to show the boss coming in to give him the papers to put them down on his desk, so we have only shot me at the desk doing some repetitive stamping.

I feel now we have started to film a few of the different scenes we need we now realise the difficulties and time involved in filming a music video which we have had to learn how to adapt to and work with what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment