About the Merley

My photo
Loughton, essex, United Kingdom
Add me on BBM 2219680D http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=731575551

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Editing-Text

Editing- Text


Here are some font styles that I was looking at for my album art or poster advert to show my development, I will talk briefly about my decisions and choices on each of them:



This was my first choice, I liked this one because of the non-conforming grammatical style with the capital letters in the middle of my name; however I felt this was too plain and wanted something with maybe an italic slant on it.



This font is a lot more bubbly and fun loving and in accordance with the style of music however I felt that it looked a bit like tribal writing or some kind of Sci-fi crop circle style and therefore went against it.


I then came across this font which I felt was the best so far, I liked that it had some curved edges and somepointed corners which gave a sense it was fun but at the same time was literally "edgy"which would be code for the style of music we are doing as a group.  However I felt it was too plain like this.

I then went into photoshop, I edited the black and turned it into white and then added an outer luminosity of green.  This is code for the style of music that I would be making our music video to, thereofore I felt this text was the best.

However I feel I may go onto other website to look around to see which a style of text I feel fits my genre of music and which would appeal to our target audience so it would catch their eye and make them want to buy our album.

These fonts were all found on:   http://www.1001freefonts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment